Toyota One Hit Wonder
The only gold ranked AFP (Association of Freeskiing Professionals) Big Air event in the Southern Hemisphere sees some of the biggest international names in freeskiing go head-to-head on the biggest jump ever built, probably. The jump has been a regular fixture in Thredbo since 2009, looming above The Cruiser quad chairlift, as professional big-air athletes all compete to impress the judges through 100 odd feet of airtime, all for the richest cash prize in Australian freeskiing and the chance to add points to their overall AFP tour ranking.
This year, we introduce A new format for 2014: 5 Rounds; 4 Game Show Rounds followed by the Final Big Air Round to determine the AFP Ranking...
ROUND 1: 360 or less
- Winning trick can choose to take the $250 cash from the kitty and walk away from the Game Show rounds, or double or nothing into the next round.
ROUND 2: 540's only.
- Winning trick can choose to take the $500 cash from the kitty and walk away from the Game Show rounds, or double or nothing into the next round.
ROUND 3: 720's only.
- Winning trick can choose to take the $1000 cash from the kitty and walk away from the Game Show rounds, or something or nothing into the next round.
ROUND 4: 900's only.
- Winning trick can choose to take at least $1250 cash from the Game Show rounds.
FINAL ROUND: Best Big Air trick as judged by AFP (three jumps, highest score counts).
- Winner takes the rest of the prize purse (minimum $7000).
The idea is to introduce a natural look at progression whilst encouraging style, creativity, and no doubt witness some mind games. All tricks judged by AFP Ranked Judges.
The Toyota One Hit Wonder Big Air is free to watch, check back here regularly for jumping days as weather can determine when jumping is on. This year the jumping window is from Tuesday the 9th to Saturday the 13th of September. The official street party will be on Friday night in the Thredbo Village Square.
ATHLETES REGISTER HERE
TOYOTA ONE HIT WONDER BIG AIR REGISTRATION